Kindness & Leadership
The business world is quick to celebrate leaders of profitable and productive workplaces. But how often do those celebrations recognise the part played by kindness?
Kindness makes business sense; it impacts outcomes, whether it be productivity, engagement or customer service. People do not forget acts of kindness.
Kind leaders change lives, transform organisations and collaborate. Kind leaders inspire creativity and productivity, share meaningful connections, and give their time so that others can give their best. By empowering others to succeed, kind leaders create an environment for the organisation as a whole to succeed. We need to recognise the contribution of these leaders to business, the economy and society.
50 Leading Lights
This campaign will showcase 50 leaders building a new status quo, impacting others through kindness. We will share their stories and leadership styles, and the effect they have on their organisation and industries.
We want their stories to inspire others, and to help to recast the perceptions of ‘strong’ leadership. We want kindness to be seen as a strength in leadership, as a quality and a currency that empowers change.
Nominations for the 2022 list now open
We cannot establish a robust list in isolation, from the outside looking in. That is why we need you to share with us stories of those who have impacted you in your career, people who are leading in a creative and different way, with kindness.
We recognise that a kind leader is defined not just by what they say and do, but by how what they say and do effects those around them. As such, each nomination will also need to be supported by two testimonials of support. These testimonials must come from people who have been impacted by the candidate.
Together with the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, we have explored the characteristics associated with kind leaders, those who are deeply thoughtful of others and show: humanity, generosity and compassion, and are dedicated to supporting the well-being of others and fostering a spirit of collaboration. These are the traits that we will be looking for, within the nomination.
- The candidates can be male or female and there are no restrictions on age.
- Candidates have been working and based in the Asia Pacific region for at least two years.
- We are looking for leaders in their fields. Those in a position of leadership that can directly affect the culture of the company and industry within which they work.
- Candidates must be nominated by another and cannot self-nominate.
- Those nominating will need to write a citation about the candidate that clearly demonstrates their leadership impact through kindness.
- We will also require two testimonials from people that have been impacted by the candidate.
Nominations close: June 7th